Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Love

I hear the whisper of the wind in my ears
I see my breath rise in steam before my eyes
This silence is deafening
The steady soothing rhythm of water dropping
Why is my mind wandering?
Where does it go?
The realm of uncharted thought is vast
I fear it will be difficult for it to come back
I see him
He is so beautiful
Do I know who he is anymore?
He looks at me wonderingly
He knows not what I have become
To him I am new and fresh
To me he is unattainable
He is lost
He is beautiful all the more
I long for him
To be him once again
I run to touch him, to grasp him
Air and thoughts lose themselves in containment
His eyes full of laughter shine mockingly
Always he is one step away
He holds out his arm
To feel
To touch
To learn
His face changes
It is changing
The joy goes first
As always...
Naught but happiness remains
Contentment replaced by mere satisfaction
And sadness by sorrow
He is aging before my eyes
My wonder
My once-joy
My one true love
My child
My dream
My past
Me
Years pass
Fleetingly
I have lost what is most precious
Myself
I look at the past through a timeless mirror
Of tears is it?
The wonder is lost save for a few seconds
I will see him again
Before the end
Me
He is me again
I wish I could be him
Once more
I desire just his hunger
His wonder
His laughter
Him
Me


The rain beats against my window
I hear the whisper of the wind in my ears
I see my breath rise in steam before my eyes
This silence is deafening
I am insensitive
I am alone
With myself
Again....

No comments: